Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Busy Day

Today has been one of those days that started out with good intentions, but seemed to slowly slip away.  I woke up this morning ready to be productive (I even made the bed for once!).  I am implementing a new cleaning system that I am hoping will really stick (more on that later) and at work I was prepared to knock off a huge chunk of my to-do list. 

photo courtesy via
Unfortunately, things don't always go as planned.  For one, I didn't necessarily jump eagerly out of bed...it was more like dragging/forcing myself after I hit snooze for a half hour.  Nonetheless, I did make the bed, put my clothes in the hamper, and played with Brooklyn a little bit before I left for work.  I'd call that a success!

At work, I was ready to get all the things I'd been procrastinating done...unfortunately, I decided to read a few blogs and got sidetracked.  I did finally get to work though, but my afternoon was shot with meetings, so I didn't even get one full item off my list.  So depressing. 

I'm eager to get home, because I actually want to knock my nightly chores out (again, I hope this new cleaning system works).  Here's to hoping I don't get sidetracked by the television or my book for book club. 

Anybody else ever get as sidetracked as I do?  There always seems to be something more entertaining to do!  I just can't help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. I really appreciate it! Cheers!