Monday, February 28, 2011

A lovely weekend

This weekend felt perfect.  I got a lot of my "to do" items done, but also had a lot of family time.  It didn't feel like I was necessarily doing chores, but just having fun.

Saturday was filled with family.  Bill and I met up with my parents, as well as Deanna and Brent for breakfast.  I love going out for breakfast.  Then Bill and I had a blast running all over town finishing errands and doing a little bit of grocery shopping. 

When we got home, we did a bit of cleaning and a bit of relaxing.  We followed that with hosting a Chinese dinner for my mom's side of the family.  It turned out to only be eight of us, but it was so inviting, and intimate, that I thought it turned out perfectly.  We laughed a lot and just had a really great time.

After dinner I got to reconnect with some friends that I hadn't seen in awhile.  It always feels good to see old friends.

Sunday was another great day.  I slept in and then Bill and I went and worked out at the gym.  Lunch at the Pita Pit and a trip to my happy place, aka Target, completed what felt like a great afternoon.  We even went to Lowes to buy a ladder and summer gutter stuff to fix our gutter that the ice had pulled down.  Somehow, this boring task of fixing our gutters didn't even seem like a pain.  Something about fixing the place that you call home can bring about a great feeling of accomplishment.  It was also a good thing we did this as we woke up at 3am to a serious thunderstorm/tornado warning, and a torrential downpour.  So glad the gutters were fixed to help with the drainage!

So while the weekend went extremely fast, I wouldn't have wanted to do anything differently.  It was perfect.  Even the part where I had to scrub the shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your message. I really appreciate it! Cheers!