Friday, March 11, 2011

Landscaping: Part 2 - Hello Yard

The trees came out last week and I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures.  I can't profess enough how much I love our front yard now.  You can clearly see the house and everything just looks so great.  Exactly the way I pictured it.  Bill loves it too, so that makes me feel even better!  Now we just need to get some grass seed and hope it grows!

Here are a few before pics again...


And here are the amazing (in my opinion) afters...

I feel like our home is now the showcase of the yard, and not some overgrown Christmas tree.  It makes me love our house even more!

The backyard also looks great.  It definitely opens up the space more and makes it feel a lot bigger.  Brooklyn was a bit confused the first time she went out, but has since come to terms with the missing trees.  She really likes to try and chew on the trunk that was left for us.  We are hoping to use some of the leftover trunk as firewood, but some of the pieces are huge!  Thinking maybe we can use some of the as "extra seats" around the fire pit!  We shall see!

If you'll remember the before...

And now the after...

Obviously there is still a ton of work to do back here.  Our main focus will be the grass.  Hopefully we can sod the backyard soon and it will look even better!

In other news, I found a really cool dresser on craigslist I'm hoping to buy and repaint for the dining room!  I haven't heard back though, so hopefully it is still available.  Fingers crossed!!!

Have a great weekend!  I'll leave you with my to-do list this weekend:

1.  Hopefully pick up new dresser!
2.  Hair appointment--getting highlights.  So nervous!
3.  Dinner with a work friend and her husband!  Today's groupon just happened to be the same place we are going...score!
4.  Clean, clean and clean the house.
5.  Rid-a-pest appointment--our yearly termite appointment to keep our warranty and our house pest free!
6.  Lunch/Early Dinner with Bill's mom.
7.  Reading on my new eReader!  Whoo hoo!





2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay. I found you from Julia's comments at Hooked on Houses. You've got the beginnings of a darling blog here! I think you said you're being married in October.....that's my son's anniversary month, too. (just celebrated their First Anniversary) Anyway, what I want to know is how soon you'll be sharing photos of the interior of your home. There's nothing like a great makeover to get people tuning in. The exterior is positively enchanting! Wish I had a blog to help you "advertise" but I'm just a "lurker" as they say. lol. Keep up the good work, and I'll bookmark your page and check back.
    Bonnie : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Bonnie! I'll hopefully be able to show some interior shots soon! With wedding planning and spring right around the corner, I'm just trying to keep up with everything life is throwing at us! Glad to hear you'll stop back by! Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your message. I really appreciate it! Cheers!